Tuesday, April 4, 2006

Street Level 2006

Last week I was at the Street Level conference in Ottawa. 350 people who work in adolescents, the poor and the homeless gathered for a few days of learning and refreshing. It was an awesome time. I hooked up with my buddy Dwayne from Brandon Man. It was awesome just to hang out and talk for a few days. Met some other old friends and made some new ones.

The organizers did a great job of putting this conference together. The Ottawa Manifesto on Homelessness was signed by most of the attendees. It appeared in the Ottawa Citizen in a full page add on Monday as sessions opened on parliament. I will post it when I can get a copy of it.

The whole conference was a re-affirmation that the poor are on God's heart, and therefore should be a priority for his followers.

Peace,

K

No comments: