Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Ecclesiology

I have spent the last two days with a bunch of our Free Methodist family members thinking through the FM ecclesiology. That is, talking about the basic principles upon which we do "church". It was a fun two days. I don't know of another denomination that would call on emerging type church people and house church people to the table with conventional church people, to find a frame upon which we can have different expressions of church within the same family.

The diversity makes us rich. We challenge each other to look beyond our own borders. I feel privileged to have been a part of this exercise. I am optimistic about our future. If we continue to grow FM will be an example to others of how a denomination can celebrate diversity and commonality.

I will post our synopsis when I get a copy.

Peace,

K

No comments: