Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Larry Norman dies

I just heard the news. Larry Norman, the Father of Christian Rock died February 24th. He suffered brain damage in a plane crash, had congenital heart problems, diabetes and was legally blind, and he kept performing. He was a true minister of grace.

Larry through his example, gave many of us permission to follow Jesus and be ourselves. He was an incredible lyricist. Penning amazing songs like, I wish we'd all been ready, Outlaw and UFO. He left his Rock,n,roll career at it's height to sing about Jesus and the world He came to save.

He had a heart for the broken and the poor, that I believe is the heart of God. Larry left an indelible mark on many lives. I thank God for how He used Larry in my life, to encourage and convict. He will be missed. I pray for his family and friends in their time of mourning.

Peace

No comments: