Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Elyon?

i have been reading a trilogy written by Ted Dekker. It is a fantasy style series that tells the story of God and humanity. He paints a striking picture of how we sometimes miss God, even when we are looking for Him. I have been thinking about the people of Israel and how they missed Jesus while waiting and watching for The Messiah. How could they have missed the signs? In the Book, those who love Elyon(God) the most, totally miss Him.

This got me wondering, how often do I miss God in my own life, because He doesn't come in ways I would recognize? Have I got Him so pigeonholed that sometimes, I miss Him? I guess the question is, can I put aside my preconceived notions of who God is and how He operates, and learn to see Him as He really is. It is not that all my notions are wrong, but they can't be all right either. So, I need to humble myself and learn to see the "wonder" of God. Yeah,... this will be easy......

Peace,

K

No comments: