Friday, October 29, 2004

Ignorance is suckyness.....

I was out with some friends last night and got into a conversation with a waitress about Catholicism vs. Protestantism. It is amazing how we can assume what people know and don't know based on our own understanding. Danielle asked me is if I was P or C, I said I just try to follow Jesus. This kind of confused her, so she asked a clarifying question. She asked, "well, do you believe in the virgin birth" I said yes, totally. "Then you can't be P" she said. I explained that P's also believe in the virgin birth, but that they have been remiss in giving Mary the honor The Book says she deserves. She was shocked. She had been taught that P's don't believe in the virgin birth, and that is what separated C's from the P's Rather eye opening.

The moral of this story is, you can't assume what other people believe or think about God or "religion". You have to have a conversation.

Peace,

K

No comments: