Friday, April 8, 2005

Lose Your Life

Matt 10:38 and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.

I have been stuck on this statement for the past week. Especially as I see how we view life. What does it mean to lose your life for Christ. Many people think this is about literally losing your life, and that would be true. However, in our context, I can't help but see it as an encouragement to put God above family, friends, ambition, money, possessions, tv, etc.

How are you changing your world for Jesus? How do you take the sacrifice of Christ and the "Good News" to the street each day? Are you interested in the things Jesus was interested in? Making disciples, taking care of the poor, etc.

Sometimes I think we talk too much. Talking only matters if your feet are moving in the direction your lips are.

Peace,

K

No comments: