Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Blessed & Perplexed

Last night some of the people who care the most about us, gathered together to pray for Joe and our family. It was a real simple prayer time. Just a bunch of people calling out to God on our behalf. I was blessed as I looked around the room. These friends, putting feet to their love, by walking this journey with us. You don't get more "community" than that. Thank you to those who came out. It means more than you know.

I must admit, I was also perplexed, by those who were missing. Those who are very much a part of our community, and verbally express their love for us. Several people didn't respond to the invitation at all. I have learned over the years that people say alot of things, but the truth is found in the walking. I know most people don't talk about this stuff, but I think it is important that, if we are going to receive from community, we also need to give to it.


Peace,

K

No comments: