Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The Power of God in Our Lives

Through most of my life following Christ, I have been taught and socialized to believe that the power of God in my life will be evident through big events, like crisis or major victories. You know, "and one hundred people got saved....." events. So, we look for major opportunities to share Christ, like mission trips, camps, conferences, etc. Then we will get pumped and be "on fire". The problem with things on fire is, they burn out.

I have come to realize that this is a false teaching. The real evidence of God's power in our lives is seen by how we handle life on a day to day basis. How we handle stress, victory, betrayal, people who annoy us, sickness, death, relationships, etc., is where Christ is most evident. Do we really trust and love Him. It is easy to give lip service to these ideas. It is another thing to get up everyday and walk in the power of God.

I wish it were more glamorous that that, but, it is not.

No comments: