Wednesday, April 28, 2004

I Love It

I was at Jerry Mercer's surprise birthday party last night at Bourbon Street West. It was an amazing time, great blues and rock music. Jerry is 65 and was overwhelmed by the turnout.

I ran into a lady there who used to go to church. I asked her where she was going now. She said nowhere because she just found it too theoretical and not very "rubber meets the road". I told her about the open door and her eyes lit up. It was very cool. She said she thinks this might be a place she can bring her kids. We will see her soon I am sure.

I ran into another friend, who is a great harp player(harmonica, Blues remember..). He is not a "follower", he asked what I was up to these days. I told him about church and his eyes lit up. he said, "now that's a church I would go to." he asked for the details. I think we will see him soon.

I was so encouraged, that people out there are searching, they just haven't found something they relate to yet. For many of those, we may be it. I love our church and what we are trying to do. Be encouraged. I am.

peace,

K

No comments: