Thursday, March 3, 2005

Worship Music Rant

I listened to the new Kutless CD yesterday. What a piece of trash. With originality is mind, I am sure, they decided to put out a disc with rehashed worship music on it. Wow, that's never been done before. Imagine, a rock band putting out a CD of worship songs. Talk about going for the easy sell. "Now maybe my pastor will like Kutless too". Others are no better. Sonic Flood(are there any original members?) just put out another CD. They are a label fabricated band of hired guns, who are choreographed au but. If you are skeptical go see two concerts in a row. A worship leader from England once said that America would exploit worship music, and well, look at what's going on. How many times has Vineyard Music rehashed the same 30 songs. Just the Touching the Father's Heart series was about 40 CD's, Then the "acoustic" series came out, then the celtic series,... what is next. WOW.

Many Christians complain that Christian music sucks, and that their friends don't like it. No kidding. You are never going to see Green Day do a Motown tribute record. Why not,... duh. Where is the original music. Where is the NEW worship. Let's find some Christian artists that have the conviction to do what they are good at, and not what sells. I am sick of it. We can only vote with our $. I have stopped buying worship music. I was tried of paying %20 for two new songs mixed with 9 I already have on 7 other CD's. While I am at it, shame on the Christian record labels for subjecting us to such bullsh*t. There has got to be a special place in,... heaven(maybe) for labels that exploit people's love for God and desire to worship Him. You label types need to take your head out of your butt and figure out who you are serving. Money doesn't last forever.

Lately I have found myself worshiping to other music. U2 for example. They are original, love God and follow their convictions. Amazing, I know.

I am done.

Peace,

K

No comments: