Thursday, May 1, 2008

Frag You

Frag is a term that refers to soldiers who turn on their own. A soldier who shoots his sargeant or foxhole mate for example, has "fragged" him. Sometimes I think it is a Christian term more than a military one. There is little more discouraging than finding out your biggest "enemy" out there is a professing believer. I have been struggling lately on how to handle someone who is actively trying to sabotage the good work that we strive to do every day in our community. This someone is supposed to be about the same cause. Part of me wants to get "medieval" on his person. However, I know that God calls me to something more than that(which kinda pisses me off...), He calls me to love the guy.

I know I am not alone, other people I know trying to do good things have the same type of experience going on. Why do we hate to see others do well?

The trick I guess is not to be distracted by what morons do, but to stay focused on the mission and He who called us to it. It still pisses me off.

No comments: