Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Kingdom Building vs kingdom building

I had a great weekend. The retreat went really well. The crowd was small, about 40, but is was a good atmosphere to explore christian spirituality. I think people were challenged.

Kikki, Kayla and I had fun as well. We had an ice cream fest at midnight on Saturday night. Ben & Jerry for president....

I have been thinking alot these last few days about God's Kingdom. How He loves what He has created. He wants to redeem all of it. Do I have the same goal? Of Building God's Kingdom... or am I building my kingdom? The former requires selflessness, the latter is built on selfishness. Am I looking for respect, credit, glory, etc, for doing what God has called me to do, or am I satisfied with the pleasure that my obedience gives my Father?

This is tough, because the heart is desperately wicked. Many times, I am sure that I am doing something for the right reasons, and only later realize I was really doing it for selfish reasons.

In order to build God's Kingdom, I must decrease and He must increase. I am humbled by the way God moves in me and through me. I want to constantly be checking my heart, making sure that it is His Kingdom I am building.

Peace,

K

No comments: